Friday, April 16, 2010

The Day We All Have Been Waiting For....

Yesterday, Dean and I decided to try out an EPT home pregnancy test. I had to be to work by 6:30 AM and Dean didn't get back into town from the site until 8:00 AM. So, he stopped by my work and we tested it out. To our dismay, it came back negative. I was internally down and sad, but Dean is an optimistic and knew things would turn out for us with the blood work the next day.

Today, Dean and I were excited to get the "official" pregnancy results. This would let us know if we were to keep going with the medications and the pregnancy was a success, or if we were to stop the medication and start another cycle with hope of another FET transfer the end of May.

I met the employees of Express Labs at the door at 8:00AM Friday to have my blood drawn. The test usually takes 1.5 hours to run, but when we called at 10:00, they had just started the test. Finally at 12:00, I called and found out that the test was complete and faxed over to New Hope in NYC. I asked for the results, but they said that it was against policy to give them to me and I would have to call the doctor. Grrrr....

I then called New Hope and they wouldn’t give me the results either. They would give us a call after the doctor review the results and would then give us instructions then. They were backed up and this would take around an hour or so. This news was murder and then we waited... and waited...

We waited for almost 3 hours. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and called New Hope and they transferred me to Mari. Mari gave us the good news the test was POSSITIVE. Yeah Team!!! We will go in on Monday, April 19th for more blood work to see how things are progressing.

The only thing that would have made this day better is if we could have given Jeff and WenTing the good news... But Mari wouldn’t let us...

I believe that the blood results for today were: (I will modify later if incorrect)

hCG: 46
Progesterone: 21
Estrogen: 330

Happy Day! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment