The day that all of us were waiting for! YEAH!!!
We stopped for breakfast at the local diner and drove into the city for the FET Transfer. We left the house a little early so that we could allow some extra time for unexpected traffic and any unknown issues once we arrived at New Hope. Jeff delivered us to the clinic on time and remained in his vehicle for a work conference call that he couldnt miss. We did not have to wait long before we were called for pocedure prep. I looked sooo cute in my salmon colored hospital gown with my baby blue hair net and shoe covers. We met with the nurse as she explained the procedure to us. We signed a handfull of papers and waited....
While waiting, I met two other women who where having an FET transfer that day too. Unlike me, they were there for their own IVF transfer and had heart breaking stories. I told them that I was there to help Jeff and WenTing as their Surrogate and it almost brought them to tears. The lady who went in before me was a school teacher from NYC in her later 30's. She had already conceived 1 son in 2006 via IVF and was hopping for their second. She had a physical handicap and had to walk with the assistance of crutches. She also had to use hearing aids to help her hear. This was her eighth month of trying and you could see the tired look in her eye. I even overheard her telling the nurse that this was going to be her last try if not sucessful. The second woman was also in her late 30's and had not been blessed with a child yet. She was on her fourth month of IVF. I had a warm feeling visiting with these amazing women and will keep them in my prayers.
The FET transfer was sucessful and everything went well. We found out afterwards however that they did not honor WenTing's request and used one of the wrong embryos. This has been very hard for her and I hope that all goes well with this transfer.
We completed our New Hope "experience" that day in under two hours and rushed to the airport to catch my flight. Since our appointment at New Hope was changed from Wednesday to Thursday, I had to purchase an additional flight from NYC to SLC to catch my connection flight to Idaho Falls. All was going well and I made my flight out of NYC to SLC on time. However, the plane boarded 30 minutes late and then there was maintainance issues that left us waiting on the plane for an ADDITIONAL 2 hours. After being on the plane for 8 hours, we arrived in SLC. Luckily there was one additional flight out of Salt Lake City to Idaho Falls. I was able to get my seat transfered and made it home by 10:30 Idaho time to a happy husband that was dying to see me....
This trip to NYC was an experience of a lifetime. Wish us all luck and check back to hear the news on Friday April 16th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment