Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 6 - Here comes the Morning Sickness


Do you ever wonder what a baby looks like after six weeks?

The first heartbeats have begun! The baby is now an embryo and is about 1/17 of an inch long. Growth is very rapid this week. The umbilical cord develops. The eyes and ears begin to form as well as an opening for the mouth. The heart has begun to pump blood and most of the other organs are well under construction. Buds form on the body that will become the arms and legs.

I started getting a bad headache on Saturday and felt nauseous all day. Yesterday was a little better, and today is tolerable. I have been taking a couple of Tylenol each day since Saturday and Tums for my sour stomach. I find that I feel better if I keep my stomach full of "healthy comfort foods" like mashed potatoes or foods with complex carbs and proteins. I also think that I slept A LOT this weekend and laid around a lot too. Every time I got up to do some house work, my heart felt like it was racing and I had to work really hard to breath... Then I would smile and remember how it felt to be pregnant.

luckily, I was able to sleep enough on Saturday and Sunday that it didn't hurt too much when I woke up at 5:30 this morning to be to work by 6:30. Overall, It has been a really good day and I am fortunate to not feel ill at all.

So, I went online and order some Double Strength Ginger Hard Candy, Morning Sickness Magic Vitamins and Vitamin B Complex with Iron and Calcium. I want to be prepared for when it hits again.

No comments:

Post a Comment